INFORMATION : Municipal issues
Greenside receives municipal services from the City of Johannesburg (COJ) and we are part of Region B. Greenside falls into Ward 87 and our current ward councillor is Bridget Steer.
If there is an issue of concern with regards any services the first step is to report the issue to the relevant authority. COJ relies on its residents to log service delivery failures so that it may have the opportunity to attend to them. If issues are not logged on the City’s service delivery systems, the entities may be unaware of the breakdowns. You must log your complaints with the correct COJ department before contacting your local ward councillor to escalate the matter.
- ELECTRICITY – CITY POWER : Outages/ dangerous situations etc are most effectively logged online. Download the City Power App from www.citypower.mobi or call 0860JOBURG(562874)
- WATER AND SEWAGE – JOBURG WATER : Water bursts, sewer bursts, low pressure, meter faults. Most effective logging by email email@example.com or call 0116881699 or 0860JOBURG(562874) or text 0826532143
- REFUSE REMOVAL – PIKITUP : Solid waste – dustbin clearing, illegal dumping, replacement bins . 011375 5555
- JOBURG PARKS AND ZOO : Overgrown/ fallen trees, park grass cutting. 0117126600 or 0860JOBURG(562874) or email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- METRO POLICE :JMPD : Accidents, traffic issues, noise disturbances, bylaw issues. 011758 9621 / 011758 9623 / 011758 9650. 24 hr – 0808723342 (traffic)
- EMERGENCY SERVICES : AMBULANCE/ FIRE : 0113755911/ 011 472 1599
- JOBURG ROADS AGENCY (JRA) : Damaged signage, traffic signal faults, road markings, potholes, pavements, stormwater drains email@example.com 0860JOBURG(562874)
- CITY OF JOBURG : Account Queries Billing Queries, meter readings, new accounts, refunds. 0860JOBURG(562874) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WALK IN CIVIC CENTRE : Accounts, billing and meter issues, Reconnection request after cut-off, Termination of services by owners, New connections electricity, water and sewer. Nearest = Randburg Customer Service Centre corner Bram Fischer Drive and Jan Smuts Avenue, Randburg
- WARD COUNCILLOR: BRIDGET STEER : Escalation of COJ issues that have already been logged. Please provide reference numbers and email these issues to email@example.com. Ask to be added to the Councillor’s Whatsapp group : 083 604-0404
TO ESCALATE A PROBLEM YOU HAVE LOGGED WITH THE CITY:
Reminder to please send your power / water escalation requests in the following format which is the standard we have to use with the entities / departments:
Account number (if applicable):
Date & Time Logged:
PLEASE DO NOT POST SCREEN GRABS OR PHOTOS.
SMS / WhatsApp Ward Councillor Steer on 0836040404 for emergencies
*Non-emergency* issues (billing, roads, traffic, parks & General enquiries) should be emailed to Bridget.Steer@gmail.com
Please check www.lookandlog.co.za to see which department is responsible for which issues and how to log.
*All issues must be logged correctly with the relevant city department before they can be escalated via the ward councillor.*