Our local voting station is Greenside Primary School, Vardon Rd, Greenside
• Voting stations open at 7am and close at 9pm
• You can vote at ANY station in South Africa but if you are outside your registered province you will ONLY be issued a national ballot. So if you are away on holiday or business simply find the nearest voting station to where you will be and go cast your vote.
• You can only vote with a Green Bar-coded ID Book, New ID Smartcard or a Temporary ID Certificate (TIC)
• Lost/stolen ID? You can get a Temporary ID Certificate from Home Affairs. This document is issued immediately and is valid for voting. All Home Affairs offices will be open on election day ONLY to issue these documents.
• You CANNOT vote with your passport or drivers licence
• Frail, elderly, disabled and pregnant voters will be given priority in the queue – if someone is too frail to get out of their vehicle, arrangements can be made for them to vote in the car without having to get out.
• Make sure both ballots are stamped on the back. If they are not they will be discarded as spoilt ballots
For more information check the IEC website